Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I know its been a while, sorry. We've had family and friends in and out the past few weeks. Everyone wanting to come see Rob. :-)

We had Xavier's birthday party on the 2nd since his birthday fell on Thursday this year (Aug. 7) and I figured the weekend would be better. Unfortunately, block leave started on the 1st so almost no one from the unit was able to come because they were all out of town. Chelsey and her family weren't able to make it because she got stung by 3 hornets that morning (yes I'm rolling my eyes.) But Mom, Dad, James, Laura and one of the guys from the unit and his wife and 2 kids actually came. :-) It was nice. I decorated the living room with some silk vines on the main support beam and had some multicolored monkeys hanging from yarn below it. I also hid a few animals between the rafters and the support beam for the cuteness effect. We had cheese and crackers and veggies then strawberry cake. Have I mentioned that Xavier loves strawberries - cake, the fruit, ice cream, as an added splash in his juice. He got lots of clothes, a few toys, a few books, some new movies, and 2 computer games for toddlers. He loves to play on our computers, may as well give him his own games to play, right? *shudders*

Right now Rob's best friend - Tim - and his family are here visiting. Xavier and Taelin - Tims son - have a very strenuous relationship. Xavier loves to torment Taelin, hitting, biting and stalking/chasing him all around the living room. Its kinda comical to see my son run around chasing a 4 almost 5 year old around the house and watching that same 4 year old squeal like a baby at the same time. :-) My son, the terrorizor of the household. Tim and Jodi keep saying its payback for all the times Taelin beat up other kids. Like I've said on numerous occasions - demon child from atleast the 20th plane of hell, if not farther down. Gotta love him though. He's actually playing fairly well most of the time and not stuck in my lap, or following my every movement. A break... woohoo!!!!!!

Oh well. I should go ahead and close, be more sociable. Not stuck on the computer while the company is here. ttfn

No comments: