Thursday, October 16, 2003

I hate being sick. Its even worse when Xavier is sick at the same time. The worst of all is when even Rob and Gemina get in on the act. Ugh. This week has been a living nightmare. It all started with Xavier Sunday, throwing up. He couldn't keep anything down so we ended up taking him in to the ER. Stomach virus. Yeah. Then Monday started the diarrhea and I got in on the act. Tuesday, Rob decided to join in, though lucky him, it only lasted about 12-24 hours.

I love my son, I don't mind sharing food and my drinks with him, but I could really have passed on whatever !@#^ virus this is. The smell of food is nauseating. The sight of food, not much better. I think I've eaten about 1 meals worth of food in the past 4 days. It didn't help that I took Xavier to the batallion Halloween party and they were grilling hamburgers and hot dogs - the smell though most days would be inviting, chased me inside today. Mentally, I wanted a hamburger, did it happen? HELL NO! I did force myself to eat a little bit of pasta salad, a tiny tiny helping of potato salad and one iddy biddy hot wing. The 3 are having serious discussions at the moment as to the intelligence of that idea.

I know, lovely topic today, huh? I could really go into the gorey details, but I don't think I will. Its bad enough I've had to deal with them. No need to make you all ill with the mental imagery. I'm sure I've done well enough with that so far.

Anywho. Xavier went dressed in his very own pint-sized BDUs. Though he desperately needs a hair cut and was on a "soft shoe profile". :-) And no there was no soft cap, beret or other head gear. It would have been pitched as soon as it hit his head. I'll have to get his jacket back on and take pictures, get them developed and then posted. Maybe I'll get him more in to the "character" for Halloween itself.

Oh, guess who is going to ANCOC soon. Yep. Rob. He found out yesterday. By this time next month he'll be there. Hopefully not long after that he'll actually have his E7 and we can enjoy that mediocre pay raise. :-) Here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

No comments: