Yesterday was a great day. Despite the puppy land mines and rivers/puddles/lakes. I got to talk to Rob over MSN for a good 4-5 hours I think. I didn't get off the computer with him until Mia and Wayne pulled into the driveway and walked thru the door.
I even got to do webcam with Rob. He's sunburned from the neck up so it almost looked like a constant blush, but its been a while since I've seen his eyes such a vivid blue. It was soo nice to actually see him while I typed to him, next step... Get audio going with the video. :-) Oh, and get Rob his own personal web cam so he doesn't have to use someone else's. It was good none-the-less. We talked about everything and nothing. I can't really say I remember the gist of the conversation, it was just nice to see/type to him. He did get to see Xavier and the puppies. And his face when seeing Autumn and Mystery let me know that even he likes them, despite his initial anger. I asked before I put them on the cam, he seemed kinda eager to actually see them. He went so far as to grab a camera and try to get pictures of them from the computer screen as they were there. Sometimes he can be sooo silly.
The visit with Mia and Wayne was wonderful. Dinner was ready just as they got here. After a few minutes of the dogs getting to know them we sat down to eat. Nothing fancy, hamburger pie (or shepherd's pie depending on your locale). Xavier acted up a bit, but calmed down. He was just so excited to have new people in his house he didn't know what to do. After dinner, while Wayne and I ran dinner up to Andrea, he laid down on the couch to watch Incredibles and fell asleep. He even slept the night thru afterwards.
We got to game a bit, Wayne even brought James in to it. He's on the same planet as the group we started last year at Trish's wedding, so he can join in fairly easily with all of us. :-)
I got caught up on my dragonrider, whom I haven't played in almost 10 years. Man, has it really been that long? Yes it has. This time of year 1996 was the last time she saw actual table top play. She's seen quite a bit of adventure in that time tho. 3000 years, quite a bumpy ride, and still going. WOW!!!! It was good, though.
Even got caught up a bit on myself in the wonderful realm of Ravenloft. Not much, but a bit. I have a gist of what has happened, several millenia with me as well, I believe. But Wayne ran the show, so Mia didn't get into the act a whole lot. I'll find a time when I get with Mia online and get myself rolled up, since I never did get to do that when I started. I joined, then moved back here before I got the chance. :-/ Oh well. Got a few classes going on, some followers, and all kinds of other stuff going on. Like I said, Mia and I will get together via email or maybe online and get it all sorted out. Then I just need to find a way to try to get with them once a year.
As it stands now, Pennsic is probably out this year with classes and all, but I will see what I can do. No promises, because I don't know that money will agree either. I will try, tho. If nothing else, there is next year. Maybe I'd even be able to get Rob to go too. We shall see what comes to pass.
I need to go, though. Need to get my day started - errands to run, house to get in order, dogs to care for, and all that wonderful daily stuff. I'll try to post more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment