Monday, June 20, 2005
Call me crazy...
Ok, I'm probably nuts, but the deaf dogs group on Yahoo! posted about a deaf and partially blind dog in my area that was going to be put down because the county got a wild hair up the wazoo. I emailed the original poster and told her I'd consider fostering her until they could find her forever home. She called me today, there is a rescue up north (where I don't know) that will take her, but they need a few weeks, would I keep her until they were able to get her? I'm going to. Yeah, I'm nuts, I know. I can't let this girl be put down, tho. She has a chance, just needs a place to rest her weary bones for a while before someone more equipped to help her can take her in. The rescue here is full, but will provide food and vet care for her, I just give her lots of love and attention. I just hope I don't get soo attached that my heart breaks when she leaves. Even Xavier wants her to come here for a while. I'm glad he got my love of animals and desire to care for them. Hope I don't go too much more nuts. *crosses fingers* I'll keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment