Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Is the nightmare really over?

DFACS called me yesterday. The case worker asked me to come in. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. What now? Were there new allegations? Did they make a decision? I was dreading going in and talking to her, especially after the one and only other time I'd seen her. I just didn't have a pleasant impression of her. Attila the B!tch came to mind.

I got to DFACS and sat for almost 20 minutes trying to amuse Xavier, since she wanted to see him at the same time she saw me last time. He played among the chairs - naming colors, pushing his matchbox car through the "bridges", etc. She finally came to get us. The moment I had been dreading was here. She told me about a couple of other case workers coming out to the house this past Friday since she hadn't personally done a home visit yet. She mentioned that since some of the stuff was historical (older than 6 months) they couldn't really investigate them. Then, finally, the reason she wanted me to come in....

She's closing the case. *big huge sigh of relief*

One nightmare/headache down.

Dad took Shadow to her next stop on her way to rescue in Atl. Second headache down.

Now to actually get the furbutts housebroken, X fully toilet trained, my finger healed and life back in order.

No comments: