Sunday, May 28, 2006

Another ER Visit

So Friday was definitely not a good day for me. I barely slept Thursday night due to a horrid bout of MS (now being called Mommy Sickness if you hadn't heard.) I'd wake up every 30-60 mins to dry heaves or actually losing what little water I was able to take in. Forget food, that was gone before I finally called it quits before 9pm Thurs.

I called to make a same day Friday only to be reminded by the automated line that the hospital clinic system was closed for a training holiday - duh, Monday is Memorial Day. Blonde moment here. Or was it lack of sleep? Or maybe the nausea. Either way, it was call Andrea to see if she'd keep X so Rob and I could spend the day in the ER.

The conclusion? A combination of MS and a new antibiotic for a UTI. Yummy. The solution? I got 3 bags of IV solution (with some Dextrose this time) and an IV of Reglan for anti-nausea. I even walked out for a Rx for Reglan which Rob needs to go and get filled. I still have to take the antibiotics. Didn't take them yesterday cause it was more of Thurs/Fri but not as bad. Mostly nausea and felling like tossing stomach a few times, but no actual tossing after 7 or 8am. Friday night however was up every 15-45 mins feeling uber horrid. I made the mistake of taking a full Reglan before trying to lay down to sleep. Can you say weird dreams? Jumpy? Yesterday morning I cut one in half and did that. Not as jumpy and no weird dreams. And I actually slept some. Last night I think I only woke once or twice and that was just the normal I have to move cause one side has gone painfully numb from laying on it too long.

Took my half a Reglan this morning and just took the antibiotic. Now to see how that goes. Made sure to eat some PB crackers and have finished almost a full glass of water. Wish me luck. I follow up in OB Tuesday, tho I think I have to wake up at oh-my-freaking-goodness to call for a same day as I don't think the ER put a time on the discharge papers.

No comments: