Friday, November 03, 2006

Its official...

I'm dealing with pre-term labor. I have pre-term labor discharge papers sitting in my day planner from a trip to L&D this morning...

WHen I woke up to get X ready for school I thought it'd be a normal day. Nope. Not today. Today there was blood when I went to the bathroom. Only the second time this pregnancy, but my midwife told me if it happened again I was to go to L&D. So after I got X up, dressed and off to school I headed in. After 3 hrs on the monitors, a bag of IV solution, 2 shots of Terbutaline, and some observation I was released to come home.

On the bright side, Rob headed down after I called him this morning to tell him what was going on. He got here around 12 or 1. On the down side, I'll be able to do even less than I'm all ready able/allowed to do. Ah well. I'll live.

The doctor did mention today that I'm right on that cusp of if they hadn't been able to get the contractions, etc. under control I'd have to be shipped off to another hospital. In other words, PodBaby is still too small/early to be healthy enough to be born on base. She wants me to wait at least 2 more weeks. Not a problem with me. *looks down, you listening in there PodBaby?*

No comments: