Rob made it home without incident. We went up to Atl last Sat. to spend the week with him. (X was on Spring Break this past week.) Took the kids to the Atl Aquarium. Both enjoyed themselves. X loved the fish and sharks and whales. Si loved watching the fish. She rode so contentedly in her stroller, only wanted out twice to nurse (we were there for 4 or 5 hours!)
Watched several episodes from Season 1 of Farscape, am thoroughly hooked and bought Seasons 2-4 + the Peacekeeper movie today on eBay to complete our set. (Joe had an extra copy of Season 1 and gave it to us.)
Got back to Mom and Dad's Thursday night. Dad was coming outside as we pulled up and his jaw about hit the ground. Did I fail to mention Rob (who hated my Explorer with a passion) traded my Explorer in for a new 2007 Ford Escape. Pretty Green (Titanium Green Metallic I believe is the actually name of the color). Best of all, its a STANDARD!!! No more icky automatic for me! *happy dance* Course, the happiness only lasted until about an hour into the trip down when a stupid (lots of expletives) rental van threw up a rock and chipped my windshield. Hadn't even had the car 24 hours and already filing a damn claim to get the freaking thing fixed. *sigh* Remembered to call GEICO today and filed the claim, but the car is so new to the policy that it may take a few days for them to process and take care of the claim. I'm free to get it fixed on my own then file the paperwork to be reimbursed. *deeper sigh* Think I'll wait for them. Tho I could pay it off if I really wanted to.
Paid bills yesterday. That's always fun. NOT! Well, its nice, at least, when you're able to pay off 2 fairly big bills in one shot. Course, the bill for my new vehicle is the payment for 1 of those bills more a month, so we only save half of what was paid off, but still... that's a little bit back in our pockets. (And I'm driving a newer, safer vehicle.)
Rob has his orders, and mine. May 20th we report to Kansas. Yes, he could have moved me anywhere, but I figure the FRG will be closer if I'm in Kansas so I'll live there. I know how the FRG can be with out of state spouses... Can we say they're never or seldomly called? Yea, I thought so. Called Ginger to start looking for houses for me... The house right next door to her was just in the paper that night! I called the number yesterday, but haven't heard back from him yet. *crosses fingers* It would be nice to live that close to Ginger-bear.
Andrea leaves for Basic Monday. Do not ask me what has possessed my sister and made her decide to join the Army. I just hope she follows thru and does well. James is still in Indiana with his wife and their "pickle-monster". (She's due June 24 I believe).
Think that's about it. If I forgot anything, I'll post about it later. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment