Rob and Si went with me today. Rob had yet to actually hear PodPerson's heartbeat... Hell, he hadn't been to any but my initial paperwork filling out appointment when we first found out I was prego.
The BP machine did NOT like me this morning. My normally low BP was even lower than normal. The machine started screaming when it registered at 103/59 or so. The nurse did my BP 2 more times, 80 or 90 something over 53 and finally 108/59. And we had to walk down from the first tier of housing parking. Down the monster set of stairs. After the 3 attempts to get a "decent" BP they decided to let me go back out and sit down, but I started feeling dizzy. Luckily I'd taken something for Si to eat, she only ate half of it so I finished it off. Yay for Newton Crisp Apple thingies. Really pretty tasty. Still felt a bit dizzy, but the Dr. didn't seem to worried, especially since my diabetes screen a few weeks ago was well within normal ranges.
PodPerson is either measuring small now, or the med student who was measuring fundal height mis-calculated because he measured at about 26. Not too bad, but I'm 28 weeks today, and I swear my belly feels bigger than it did around this time with X or Si. Or maybe I just feel bigger than I am this time around, who knows.
Si really enjoyed getting to hear the heartbeat tho. When the student put the doppler to my belly and actually got it on the correct side for his heartbeat si stopped and was like, "what's that noise?" Rob said "You're brother's heartbeat." "X's heartbeat?" "No, Matt's. The baby in Mommy's belly." "Mommy's belly?" "Yes." "Where's X?" LOL. She stil doesn't understand she has a new brother on the way but sure does love her big brother and other babies. I'm hoping she adjusts ok when he is born. She should, but little Miss Jealousy might eek out when he gets more attention than her some days.
Ah well. Everything else went fine, got my blood drawn for my RhoGam shot, picked up the scrip for my progesterone shot, went back to get them both, can't get the RhoGam until tomorrow because the blood screen results won't be ready today. Yay. Shots in the rear 2 days this week instead of 2 in one day. Yes, I could have waited and got both done tomorrow but I was worried I'd lose that tiny vial of progesterone shot if I brought it home to go back and get tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment