Looking at M today, I see that when the sun hits his hair (with the main bit of his peach fuzz standing up like the hackles on a dog to make me think of a baby faux hawk) that his hair is looks to be a very light blonde. Is it sad that I breathe a very heavy sigh of relief at that? I love the color of X and Si's hair, but I swear there should be a legal limit of 2 red heads per family. I know that their personalities and tempers are not wholly dependent on the color of their hair, but by golly I'm hoping that as a blonde (or even very light brunette) M's personality will be calmer. Most days he seems like a much quieter, happy go lucky-er type baby than X or Si ever were. At this age both X and Si were still dealing with horrid colic, or just getting over it. Si had it much worse, not even car rides would calm her. In fact, riding in the car made her scream all the louder.
M is crawling everywhere, and furniture walking like a pro. He's even started to do very tiny (like microsecond) attempts to let go and stand on his own. Part of me cheers, the other part wishes he would stay little and not so independent for just a little bit longer. Seems so hard to believe that he's going to be 9 months old this month. Well, if there were 29 days this month he would be anyhow. :)
Not really a whole lot else going on here. Same stuff, different day. Chasing kids. Helping X with school work. Trying to find natural ways to keep his attention for school. I do NOT want to medicate him. /sigh He's taking fish oil before school, as well as his regular multi-vitamins. I'm starting to cut out more of the processed sugars and other crap. No more Pops or similar type cereals for breakfast, maybe I need to look for more to do/try. We'll figure it out, I'm sure. I think he just gets bored because the work comes so easily to him. Then again, with as far behind as the school systems seem to be here, I really would not be surprised.
Talking to Micha today I realized that Rob has been smoke free for almost 5 months. Maybe I should think of something even nicer for his birthday this year. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment