Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Ok, I just learned something new... I can bake homemade apple pie from scratch. I sliced granny smith apples, added the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I even made the crust, went out and bought a pastry blender to do it. Just a little flour, shortening, and water. The best part, it tastes good. I didn't burn the crust, nothing. Wow. There are happy spots in the darkness after all. I think its the best pie I've ever had. mmmm Sorry. Just extremely proud of myself because I tried something new and it worked. Of course I kept saying "I'm going to make a homemade apple pie" not "I'm going to try to make a homemade apple pie." Somehow I knew I could make it, I just didn't know if it would taste alright. Next time I'll just have to figure out how to keep the dough from falling apart as I'm putting it into the pie pan. :-)

No comments: