We made it back from Florida without incident. We had a pretty good time. Xavier, Sandy (Rob's mom), Melody (her friend), Nikki and I went to the beach Saturday. Xavier didn't much care for walking barefoot in the sand or having the water rush up and over his feet. Nikki eventually sat down with him in her lap at the edge of where the tide was coming in and he enjoyed that. Xavier also got to ride on a 4-wheeler with Bill (Rob's step-dad) and Nikki a couple of times. Yesterday I got to go for a ride on Bill's Harley, that was waay cool. ;-) Yesterday afternoon we had a cookout and Sandy made double chocolate cupcakes with whipped white icing for me. I ate three of them.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :-) I made the trip back from Florida (near the Alabama border on the panhandle) in 7 hours flat, when it usually takes 8 or more hours with Xavier in tow. He was a real gem today. He slept most of the way. We only stopped 2 times after we got on the interstate, we filled up right before that. We stopped once for gas and once we went through the drive through for dinner. :-) I made it home in time for Rob to call and wish me a Happy Birthday and talk a few minutes before his phone card died. He's gonna have to charge it tomorrow. hehe I even got phone calls from Wendy and Jeremy today. *shock* Apparently Mom had a quiet weekend, though Gemina was in super-protective mode. :-) She finished up a quilt for me that she'd been working on for a while - it has a unicorn/castle print and she quilted out the squares. One of the patterened fabrics you can find at Wal-Mart usually used for pillows, but makes a great lap quilt. Andrea and James are on their way down as we speak. They should be here in a half an hour or so. I know I threw in the Happy Birthday line to myself, but in my heart I'm protesting and post-poning my birthday until Rob gets home. He's all I want this year for my birthday. Everything else is nice, but he's what I want right now. YKWIM? I just miss being held and cuddled while I lay in bed. *sad smile* Oh well. Its still a happy day. I was reminded by the people close to me that I am loved and thought of. Thank you for the e-mail Ginger. Maybe I'll call you later this week. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment