Not much going on here really. Yesterday we went to the PX and found Rob his Father's Day present... *drum roll please* ;-) He got a riding lawn mower, and if you've ever seen my back yard, and front too, he needs it. It's sticker price was $799 but had been taken back for repairs so was 25% off. We ended up getting it for $599. And he didn't even want to go to town yesterday, was gonna stay home and mow the lawn. Needless to say, he was very happy that I persuaded him to go.
When we got home he gave Xavier a ride on the mower while he tried it out, and I even drove it around the back yard a bit. I did not even want to try mowing. But knowing I can drive it/use it is good since we're looking at him being deployed for a year sometime within the next year. ugh
Anyhoo. Spent the day cleaning around the house. Well, actually I shredded all of our old papers with addresses and military papers we don't need any more. I have 5 full to bursting Wal-Mart bags piled up. Guess I really should work on the shredding more often. oops. But, as Tricia can attest to, its great therapy. Just sit down, and shred the past. Sitting there not thinking of much. Very nice thing. :-)
I can't believe in 5 days I start my whirl-wind trek across the US. Okay, maybe not completely across, but starting here, then to Atlanta, WV, and finally to CO and back. Glad I'll have help driving during the trips. *wipes brow* Oh well. I think my dinner is ready so I'll post again later.
No comments:
Post a Comment