Its kinda scary. In a month I go back to school. This time working on my Masters in Education. January 2 is the start of my first term. I'm excited, and scared all at the same time. Its been almost 6 years since I graduated college. eek. Has it really been that long? Yowsa. Feb 1999 I graduated. Barely used that degree.
My main logic behind this degree isn't so much to actually go teach or be an instructor, but to be able to teach X at home. Why? I foresee soo many problems with him and public school. Waay too headstrong and too smart for his own good. Not to mention he's so full of energy. I see it now. The first thing the teachers are gonna say is "ADHD" and "medication." The first is untrue, he's just a normal energetic child, and the second is NOT going to happen. I saw how that affected my brother. Not going there. And this is the same school system James had all the issues. I had my own issues here. Don't know that I really want to be the mama tiger fighting with the BOE. Got mom nowhere fast for the most part, don't want to beat my head against that brick wall.
Maybe I'm being waay too negative. I don't know. I do know that I've thought about getting my Masters since I graduated, and I just don't feel like monkeying with another technology degree to not use it. I'm just soo not interested in going and doing the 9-5 (or whatever shift I'd end up on). As much X may drive me nuts, I enjoy being home with him. I don't want to miss a thing he does. To work outside the home would lead to that. Besides, with my teaching degree I could look at teaching online. That seems to be becomeing soo much more popular these days. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment