In January I'm going to go back to college. Woohoo. Gong for my Masters in Education. Figure it'll help out with trying to teach Xavier, as well as offer a few other possibilities. The school I'm going to be going to doesn't offer photography, but that doesn't negate the possibility for getting books and learning on my own.
Am I crazy? I dunno. But I've wanted to go back to school off and on for a while. Rob's response? If that's what I want to do and it makes me happy.... He did ask how much was gonna come out of our pockets. At the moment, not 100% sure. Shouldn't be too much, as when I filled out my FAFSA they calculated under $100 from us. And I get a 10% grant because Rob is ADUSA and where he's stationed. I knew living here had its advantages. I need to remember to find out if they offer HOPE scholarship/grant. Don't know if it is offered on a Masters level or not. *makes mental note*
Spent the past 3 days wrapping up Christmas presents for a while each night. I'm actually amazed at how much I've picked up and gotten wrapped. Mostly amazed since so much of it has been books and little knick knacks that I've picked up here and there while perusing Goodwill. I still feel kinda cheap about it, but I like Shanna's description of "frugal" better. All of the books are definately readable, something I know the person will enjoy, or is looking for, and should stop worrying. The k-k's all look good, no chips, cracks, or other malformaties, and are things I know the person will like. I just feel bad that there is so little "new" that will be under the tree from me. There are a few things, but not much. Of course, I still have just under a month to shop, so I shouldn't really worry, right?
Also, a quick prod. I'd appreciate and ideas/hints for things you all would like... And current mailing addresses. Just so I can get cards and my christmas project (when finished) in the mail.
Not much else really going on here. Wishing I had the means to go pick up WoW for Shanna so she could play it and be happy for a while. And yes I'd play it with her after her copy got there. She'd be the only reason I was playing it, tho. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I've never really played an online RPG. Only ventured onto non-private NWN servers once or twice to play with one of Rob's friends from work. Haven't done that since he ETS'd earlier this year. But WoW does look interesting and I don't get to talk to Shanna nearly that often so the excuse to game and talk is pretty strong. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment