Monday, February 20, 2006

gdit

I hate when I'm freaking right. Especially when its not something I want to be right about. Even worse, is when excuses are tried to be found to not believe that I'm right.

I did not want Rob's dad to bring his dog. I know how other dogs have been with Mystery, and while she enjoys the companionship and plays nice, they all tend to snap at her or growl, or whatever. Whether its because she's deaf and just doesn't hear them, or they don't posture right to say get away from me, I don't know. Not to mention the fact that like so many deafies her pupils are all screwy in shape and it makes me wonder if she has sight issues as well. =(

Anyhow, Missy, his dad's dog, didn't want Mystery near her, growled, snapped her jaw and Mystery has a bleeding cut at her eye. They are trying to explain it away as she scratched herself and broke skin. In the year I've had her she has never scratched the skin open at the corner of her eye. So, like I knew would happen, my dog is bleeding because someone else just HAD to bring their dog and they don't want to believe that I'm right.

To say I'm not happy right now would be a gross understatement. Especially after X starts backmouthing me and telling me to get over it. Get over what? Mystery may have chosen him and Rob over me, and want little to do with me, but I still care. Get over a little blood? Its day 2 and Missy has drawn blood, they don't leave til Sat. What is next? Get over the fact that everyone wants to find some other excuse for Mystery to be bleeding? If I thought that were the actual reason I would. Get over the fact that I knew it would happen because Mystery is too meek and confused to understand a hearing dogs posturing to say "leave me be"? Not in this life. In a house full of adults and a 4 year old, I'm the only one I think who realizes that Mystery really is at a disadvantage here.

And the relatively good mood I woke up in? Gone.

No comments: