Monday, August 13, 2007

And it begins...

Rob left yesterday for the big sandbox again. Ginger, the kids and I all drove him out to the base. We stayed til about 1330 or so, Ginger was bored and the kids were getting fussy so Rob said to leave. We came home and Rob and I sent text messages and talked on the cell phone off and on til about 2100 or so. He'd started off to the airport and they were supposed to leave last night. This morning as I got up my cell phone blared with his ring tone...

Their plane broke down and they slept on the concrete floor at the airport after sitting on the plane for 2 hours. He's not sure exactly what time they'll take off today. What really sux is the airport he's at is only about 20 minutes from the house.

This waiting for him to leave is almost worse than he'd already left yesterday. :( Ah well. The life and machinations of a military life, right? Sure you want that much exitement???

No comments: