Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Always nice...

To spend the weekend with old friends.

The kids and I loaded up Friday after I picked X up from school and we drove out to Mia and Wayne's. X was so excited to go it was all he could talk about Friday as I took him to school. It took a little longer than I originally thought, but we also got caught in a crapton of traffic in KC. We pulled up, got hugs in and not long after I was told to start deciding a Drow. Got started thinking her out, brought the stuff in the fiver, ate, and X decides he's bored. Lack of TV and his gamecube started to set in. Luckily, Wayne came to the rescue with "Avatar" on DVD. X watched one DVD and we gamed a bit. Sat was more gaming and hoping the pager wouldn't go off because Wayne was on call. X was yet again "bored" and ended up finally getting a spanking because he would not calm down.

Sunday we all packed up and went to Chris and Micha's. After getting there and seeing them, I remember having met Chris and Micha before. Linda looks familiar as well, but Orin... I'm not sure. X had fun. Finally, kids his age and older to play with. Not bored anymore. :) And fewer issues. Until dinner and he decided that even tho he usually loves hamburgers, he wanted to be an ass that night. Linda took him in the house and got him to eat. She was definitely a godsend. And the foot and back massage from Orin... *closed eyes and drooling* What little I met of Autumn, she was really nice and I'd love to get to know her more. We all had fun Sun and Mon.

Monday was a day filled with gaming. It was nice to game in a group again. For so long it has been just Rob and I. Yes, James and Jessi gamed with us some, and even Joe and Jenn on occasion, but its been a while. And Solistarra (my Drow) is fun. Can't wait to pull her out again this weekend.

We're gonna drive out again this weekend and X is already excited. I even offered to get the stuff and make Baked Ziti for everyone Sat. Figure I'll be there, Mia and Wayne provided dinner most of this past weekend, the least I can do is help once.

Ah well. Off to get X's haircut at the neighbors house. I'll update more later.

No comments: