Thursday, September 18, 2008

We have...

Internet! Home phone! AND our household goods. All got here today. If you want the phone number just let me know.

Rob commented the other day that things have been coming together really quickly here for us. That its like we're supposed to be here. I think I have to agree. We were told housing was a 30-60 day wait, we got housing the day we walked into the Army housing office. No, its not the nicer AF housing, but its not bad either. Our unaccompanied baggage was on island BEFORE us. We got a call Monday that our household goods were in and could be delivered today (Wed.) Every time we find an issue with the house, they have been quick to schedule maintenance to fix it.

I'm not saying its been all sunshine and daisies. The plane ride was a bear. Hotel fever was annoying. The fact that the movers busted my TV in the first shipment and a crapton of furniture so far from the main shipment annoys the hell outta me. But the Army will pay to fix that. Now to find missing boxes (probably just weren't called) and unpack all of said boxes and we'll be doing much better.

Now for travel pay, etc. to come in and I won't be dipping into savings to pay bills. /sigh

No comments: