Friday, September 26, 2008

A few less headaches

Got our TLA. Paid the hotel. Yay! Some people were saying they had to wait several weeks to a couple of months. We had it in about 3 days. Maybe a week.

Checked the site today to see where my car was... At Sand Island and ready to be picked up. Picked her up today and turned in the rental car. The rental was about $100 less than I was expecting, but more than I really wanted to pay, so that's one more monkey off our back. It is so nice to have my car back.

I'll call tomorrow and schedule for the packers to come remove the boxes and stuff Monday. Or early next week. We'll do our level best to have all the boxes emptied, broken down, and ready to be gone by then.

Went yesterday and started the turn in process for the Unaccompanied breakage. I need to sit down and start/fill out the paperwork for the household goods. That one will be an ugly bit of tiny nightmare. We shall see how it goes.

X seems to be adjusting fairly well to school. He's riding the school bus. Seems to enjoy it. He's got a few "friends" at the bus stop. Several neighborhood boys come over to play or talk. Of course, I think it has a little to do with X's Bakugan. He had 7 or 8 when we got here, he has 3 now. Traded or gave them away. Ever the giver and wanting to make/buy friends. Mostly a heart of gold, but a lot of naivete there as well. How much do I stop him and how much do I say c'est la vie and let him make his own mistakes... Its our money that we've spent to buy him the toys so it annoys me. But they are HIS toys, so if he loses or gives them away, he doesn't have them, and I'm not going to go replace them. I've told him that. He says he knows. We'll see how it goes.

Posted pics of the house and our view, as well as some of the vegetation and "wild" life around our townhouse on my Flickr account. I believe I sent all of you invites to see the pictures. If I didn't and you want to see them, let me know. I'll send and invite to add you.

I'm a tad bit brain fried atm, so I'm running out of things to type about. Wayne and Chris got the cards I sent, yay! If only I could have thought of something more to make/send to them. I'm at a loss tho. Well, not entirely. I have the start of an idea of a necklace I could bead for Wayne, but its not complete. I have a couple of the stones I want, that I think I want in it, but not all of them. Being on an island, I'm not 100% sure where bead stores here would be. I looked up one and it sounded like it was all glass beads, not quite what I'm really wanting. I'll see what I can do. Yule/Christmas is only a few months away. Should be plenty of time to find what I want and actually make it. If I can't find the materials on island, I can always search Ebay and bead sites for them, right?

No comments: