Monday, July 27, 2009

A few new things

M will be 2 months Wed. Where has the time gone? It really doesn't seem like he should be that old. Wonder what my littlest guy will weigh in at this time. My guess would be somewhere between 13lbs and 14lbs. He's doing well, though. Eating well, sleeping well, etc. A fairly well adjusted little guy all around. I even found a way to keep him from screaming thru his entire bath... Just take his tub in the shower with me and have Si talk to/play with him while I bathe him in my shower. It was a tad bit crowded, but I got a crying free shower and he got a crying free bath, and smells like baby shampoo again. :)

X's b'day is right around the corner. Hard to believe he's going to be 8 this year. All of my babies are growing up. /cry Ah well. I ordered as Star Wars Clone Wars themed party pack of stuff (pinata, plates, cups, favors, etc.) and they should be here later this week. He should enjoy it. He wants a pizza party and requested the pinata. I went looking online for a Vader pinata, found it and all the other stuff, the pack I ordered was vastly cheaper than ordering it all separately. The pinata comes with a pinata buster, but I said screw that! Use a damn light saber to bust Vader's head. Rob liked the idea, so that's what we'll do to make it even more fun.

Rob decided this weekend to quit smoking (and in the process give up coffee as his morning wake up ritual was coffee and nicotine on the lanai). We bought him box of patches and he's done well so far. We're on day 3, and he's not been overly grumpy as of yet. We shall see how he does. I'm hoping since it was his decision, and he sprung it on me, not me nagging him, that he'll do well. I'll just keep telling him he's doing well and support him.

X starts school next week. The teacher meet & greet it 0830 to 1000 or so Wed morning... The same time as M's well baby. I hope we can make it so I can meet his teacher BEFORE the school year actually starts. Make her know to call WHEN problems/issues are occurring so we can fix them early, not after the fact. We shall see.

Not much else going on here. Just enjoying the last few lazy days of summer. Slowly trying to get back into some sort of routine.Some days it works.

No comments: