Saturday, November 14, 2009

I know, it's been a while....

We've just not really done much, or interesting. Or should I say, not really noteworthy. It's been a lot of same old, same old. Kids are doing well, Rob and I doing well. Rob is bored with his job, says it's too easy. He keeps trying to come up with ideas to get him out of here so he'll not be so bored. I keep tellinghim to do what makes him happy, we'll figure it out from there. So far nothing has just jumped out and grabbed him, or us for that matter, and said "DO THIS!" Hopefully he'll figure something out soon.

We've been gaming on weekends over Vent the last few weekends. It's really fun. I am so enjoying my character. She's right there and wanting to be played constantly, almost a shame she's only really seeing play 2 nights a week. Then again, I remember a time when I only got to game one day a week so I shouldn't complain overly much. :) We added a new person last weekend, and his entrance was hilarious. He keeps things light and lively, not too serious but not too crazy, so it's very nice. The really nice thing, at least for Rob, is we have a 6 person group now so Rob doesn't have to play a character and DM. Very nice for him. :) He's enjoying it, but sometimes missing having a character as well.

Had an Organization/Sports day yesterday fro Rob's unit. Well, technically for the one he's attached to. Spent the day down at one of the resort beaches. It was a nice day. We took Si and M since X had school. I talked to the wife of one of the Captains for the first few hours, then spent the rest of the day with Rob's friend and his wife. (Rob tries to say he doesn't have friends on island,only acquaintances and work buddies, but the guy's name is programmed in by first name, not last like everyone else. I think he's trying to fool somebody there, himself among them. When I pointed it out to him he said I was too smart some days. heheh) I got a little bit red, forgot the sun block, but not too bad at all, except for the very noticeable raccoon face where I kept my sunglasses on all day... /sigh

X's teacher was there as well. Her hubby works for the unit Rob's attached to (and they were actually in Iraq together a few years ago so they already knew each other). Apparently if they are 50 minutes or more late to work they don't get credit for being there at all, so if she wasn't getting paid she was just gonna take the whole day off. Can't say as I blame her. We talked about X a bit. He's having trouble focusing. /sigh He's well above his grade level, so I think a lot of it is he's bored, but his test taking skills (and subsequent grades) suck @$$. One day he'll get 100 the next fail miserably. She tentatively mentioned meds... I do not want to medicate him. I want him to learn to focus himself damnit. Time to see what natural supplements I can find that would be good for him.

No comments: