Had a good Thanksgiving and good weekend, just wish it had lasted longer. Made my first turkey all on my own. Came out nice and moist and was just yummy. Rob wants me to make another for Christmas. So does X, so we shall see. I wanted to do a ham, but we'll see hat we decide when we go get groceries for that dinner.
Had Si's birthday party Saturday. Hard to believe she's already 3. Some days it seems like she should be so much older, but most days I remember her still crawling, or just starting to walk and don't think he should be that old yet. Maybe it's just the fact that I look at her and she's as small as most 18 month to 2 year olds that she seems so young. She speaks so well you'd think she was older. We ordered a Little Mermaid cake, picked up balloons and some Little Mermaid decorations and had a few neighborhood kids over - most prominent in her mind were X's best friend and his younger sister. They had a lot of fun. Si's mouth turned purple with the frosting, and she ignored the rest of the cake. She got a few presents, then ran around and played with her new toys and the little girls that were here. I even at them all down a bit later and gave them foam animal stickers, crayons and plain paper to just play and have fun. X and D (his best friend) came in and even joined the younger kids in their art fun.
We picked up a blu-ray player for our room as an early gift for Rob and I. It was on sale at the NEX so he finally broke down. Said it was my big xmas gift, I laughed and said yea right. You're buying it for you, not me but whatever. :) We picked up "Angels and Demons" on blu-ray to watch last night. It was really good. I actually stayed awake to watch it, didn't nod off once. (We didn't start it until almost 10 and I was laying with M on my lap/chest. He was nice and warm and cuddly, usually puts me right to sleep.) There were a few twists I didn't see coming, especially at the end. Not enough action to make the blu-ray as worthwhile for it tho, so I might have to find a more action packed movie to watch that way... Oh I know... Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince!!! I'll make sure to find a combo pack for the regular DVD as well so the kids can watch downstairs or X's room as well.
Rob left for Japan for 2 weeks this morning. Deployments suck. This one just seems even more yuck and the only reason I can really come up with is because its so close to the holidays. Well, that and M is starting to interact and move around so much more that Rob could miss so much in so short a period of time. :-/ Ah well. To weeks shouldn't be that horrible, I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment