Monday, November 11, 2002

Ok. I really didn't do a lot this weekend, or since my last post for that matter. I did go babysit for Chelsey Friday night and tonight (or last night since it is after midnight right now.) It was time away from Xavier, so it was nice. And Kate was there to help with Kolin - man it was nice having a 7 year old to help with the 2 year old. And of course there was the actual adult conversation when Chelsey got home. :-) Yes I know Mom and Nikki are here and I can have real adult conversation, but this was actual friends talking... YKWIM?

Anyhow. Xavier had his 15 month check-up Thursday. He's getting soo big. He's up to 24.4 pounds and 31 inches tall (2 ft. 7 in.) That's more than most bags of dog food. Geez. Any wonder why my back gets so sore sometimes? Not to me. Carrying him around gets to be a real chore on occasion. But I love him, and sometimes he actually holds on or walks while holding my hand so its not so bad anymore. He's been really cute lately too. Walking around, or running depending on what he's doing, pointing to what he wants - usually food of some kind off of the counter. That little boy loves to eat, but its usually crackers so that's not so bad. Crackers are good, its not sweets so I don't mind obliging him.

Rob called Friday after I got home. I told him Nikki was here, but played a tiny joke in the process. I told him I'd picked up a stray that was housebroken and fairly well-behaved... I only needed to swat it with a rolled up newspaper on occasion. He was about to blow a gasket and through gritted teeth asked me what kind of dog I'd picked up, I finally said his sister. It took him a few seconds to register that I was talking about NIkki and he laughed. He then told me he was about to chew my @$$ and tell me he didn't care how I did it but to have the dog out of the house before he got home. I wonder if he meant Nikki has to be gone before he gets home. hmmm Didn't think to ask him that. Oh well. He says he's heard about as much as me as to when he'll be home - some time before the 20th. Yea. I love the way the military keeps us informed. NOT!!! It was nice to hear his voice, though. I miss him. But 9 days and counting - since I don't plan on him being home before then. This is the military, and he usually ends up on the last flight. I'm not expecting this time to be much different.

Well, that's pretty much all of the excitement I've had this weekend. Pretty boring and mundane if you ask me.

No comments: