I hate it when Xavier is sick. All this past weekend we were fighting a fever of 103 and 104 all weekend long. I'd give him baby Motrin, it would go down. Six hours later when it started to wear off the fever spiked again. He was so miserable. He just wanted to be held. I called the TriCare Nurse line and they said push fluids, starchy foods, and the Motrin and to take him in Monday. Well, being as the whole damn fort is deployed I wasn't able to get a same day appointment for him. After my therapy session I took Xavier over to the ER. His fever was still at 101 so they gave him Tylenol and Motrin. He took a little nap, and of course that's when they decide to call us back to a room. The doctor had blood drawn, x-rays taken, and he had a double bolas IV. Needless to say, they think he has several different viral infections going on at the moment, to continue the Motrin and Tylenol for fever and to follow up. We spent 7 hours at the hospital yesterday, that was a very long day. But, I guess it was worth it because today Xavier's temp is staying in the 97-98 degree range and he's happy and playing and doing so much better. Still being kinda loving, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that lasts a while. :-)
Not much else has really been going on. Just dealing with sick baby. Nikki did make it home ok Friday. I'm still keeping up with taking care of almost everything with Xavier. She dressed him yesterday so we could get ready to leave a little quicker, that's it. She's changed a few diapers, too, but I've done dishes since she's been back so phooey on her. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment