Ok, ok. I know I haven't posted in a while. I keep meaning to and then forget. Mainly becasue I had been using Rob's computer and it's a real pain in the tuckus. Anywho. I've been doing good. Chasing Xavier mostly, but what else is new, right? :-)
I took some stuff to Goodwill last week and made a great find, purely by accident. As I was putting my stuff in one of the bins I saw a dressform. I asked the lady in the back how much it was and she said I'd have to ask the manager, who was up front. So after dropping off all my stuff I drove up front, parked and went in to find her. When I asked her about it she was kinda sad, said she had intended on using it for a manequin but if I really wanted it... Well I told her I'd been looking for one, I had since we made our dresses for RenFest. She said ok, and went to see about how much they usually run. When she came back she said they usually start at about $90 so she'd sell it to me for $35, I said alright. I'd told mom if it was around $20 or $30 it was mine. She went back, made up a ticket, then brought me the ticket and I picked it up after I paid for it. Its a really nice one. Adjustable all the way around, height, bust, waist, hips, neck... :-)
I have had a real treat the past few days. Starting last Saturday I have been able to talk to Rob online. *claps* Saturday we had to email back and forth because he couldn't get Yahoo Messenger to work, but since then Yahoo has been good to us. He's doing good but still no clue when he'll be back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for soon, but I'll believe it when I see him.
No comments:
Post a Comment