Sunday, June 15, 2003

Ugh. Just when I think things are going good something happens to change my mind. I get my computer upgraded and working just the way I want it to, and it gets fried. I don't know if it was lightening or came through the internet connection, but it won't turn on at all now. I called the internet company and they say I need to get it checked out because obviously something is wrong and it had to be lightening - even though nothing else was affecting. Only my CPU, not the monitor, speakers, printer or zip drive that were attached to the same damn surge protector/power strip. My t.v. wasn't affected either and it was on at the same time the computer was and got fried. So why was my CPU the only thing affected? I guess it was just a freak lightening storm, right? Ugh. Well I called my homeowners insurance and they are going to have someone get in contact with me. Unfortunately my deductable is $500 and I don't have it at the moment. Hopefully I'll get it fixed sooner or later. I'm just glad Rob's computer is fine. Even if I don't have everything on it I need - my checkbook, my FRG contacts, and so much other stuff I use on a daily basis. Oh well. I'll live, right?

Other that that, though, I'm doing pretty good. I hope Rob knows that we all wish him a Happy Father's Day. Maybe he'll actually be able to get ahold of a phone and call today. Not holding my breath though.

No comments: