Friday, January 28, 2005

Rob, again

Last night Rob manifested. We had to be at the unit by 2200. X and I took him to the unit. I would have liked to left X home, but he had his heart on going, so he went. We got there a bit early. We stayed til 0030 or so, then headed for home. X got to run around a little bit, get love from daddy and Uncle Triplett, and then I just couldn't handle the cold and his orneriness anymore. I would have liked to stay til 0530 this morning when they were sending the other family members on their way, but X just wasn't going to allow that.

So, as of this morning Rob is on that big metal bird flying to Iraq somewhere. I don't know if he'll have a long layover anywhere, or when he's due in country. Hell, I don't even have a mailing address for him at the moment. I just know that he's on his way and it really sucks. For the first time in several deployments I actually cried, and cried, and cried some more. I still feel like crying, but don't want to. What makes this time so much more emotionally draining than the other times?

Oh well. I just thought I'd let you all know what was going on. I was trying to stay as vague as I could until after he'd left just for safeties sake. YKWIM?

No comments: