Sunday, March 06, 2005

Gemina's Willow

I went down to see Gemina and her tree yesterday. I didn't stay too long because Mom and Dad were with me, but I did go visit her. Her weeping willow's leaves are starting to open up and there is all kind of green on it. It's looking so pretty. I can't wait until it really starts to grow and show color. Now I need to go get a few cut carnations for her. Every time I've gone down there I've got the sense that she wants a few carnations, so I'll pick some up here in a few days. I don't know why, but I won't argue too loudly. I'd have to look up the connotation for carnations and myave then I'd understand it a bit more.

Mom got her puppy picked up yesterday - not the one we had our name on, but the one she'd initially wanted. He's a retriever mix - looks like a teddy bear chow chow mixed with a chocolate lab. He's a real puffball, but he's cute. His name - Smoky Lowbacca. Smoky because the way the light was hitting him in his cage Mom said his fur looked a little smoky. Lowbacca James came up with, for you non-Star Wars peeps, Lowbacca is Chewbacca's son. We've been calling him Lowbacca or Lowie. He and Autumn get along fairly well.

I took Autumn in for her initial checkup Thursday. She weighed in at 7 lb. 8 oz. She has hook worms and giardia so I have to make extra sure to wash my hands well after cleaning up after her as the giardia is contagious to humans. She's on several meds to clear it all up and she goes back in on Thursday. She's supposed to get her next series of shots then. Yay. :-) The vet is also willing to work something out to exchange the Heartguard and Frontline I'd gotten for Gemina for what Autumn will need. I'd just bought a full year supply of the Heartguard and still had Frontline from last year's visit. That helps out a bit. I'd really hate for it to go to waste. I don't know that it would still be good when Autumn is big enough to use it, if she gets big enough to use it.

I have actually been playing with Autumn today. I've just gotten up and gone over and started playing with her. She usually wants to play on one or two of the numerous midnight potty breaks. I'm usually too tired and just want to go back to bed. YKWIM? Last night I don't think she had any accidents in her kennel and she's only had a few accidents inside. I'm hoping that means the housetraining is going fairly good and we'll be able to get this taken care of fairly easily. *knocks on wood* We shall see.

No comments: