Today was the next installment in "pod baby" appointments. Nothing big, just a 16 week check up. Do a few blood tests/screenings to check for any possible birth defects and to make sure I'm not a CF (cystic fybrosis) carrier. Also made the appt. for the one thing everyone keeps asking about - the dang dong ultrasound. They don't do that til around week 19 or so, so the appt. is scheduled for July 24th. Don't ask again! Keep it up and I'll deliberately not listen/look when they try to figure out gender. :P
Weight: 113.8 (WOOHOO!!! Finally starting to put some of that weight lost back on. Will really cheer when we clear the 118 I was at the beginning of April.)
BP: a slightly more alive rate at 94/53
Baby Heartrate: 148 bpm (slower than it has been, was 160 then 150-160 range, but still well within the middle of normal range)
So, now we start making sure to remember the Prenatal Vitamins and start thinking about those dang dong maternity clothes. (Yes, I actually have a bit of a baby belly starting.) My "normal" clothes are starting to not fit right or the way they were. I don't think I kept anything from when I was pregnant with X, and don't need anything blatantly maternity, but with room for growing belly is definitely a must consider now.
On the house selling/hunting front - Transportation is scheduled for the 19th. They'll pack for 2 days then pick up on the 21st. X and I will move in with my parents the weekend before they come to pack everything out, so the only stuff in the house will be stuff going. Get the house to the anal retentive perfection the Realtor wants before she'll even list it, then hope someone is interested and willing to buy soon. Then find a house up there. No sense in even looking right now, we can't afford to even rent a 1 bedroom with what's left after bills (mostly the current mortgage) so that means no real ability to buy or lease anything til this one is gone.
Right now Rob is worried about Medical for us up there since there is no real medical on base, everything is referred to civilians or another base a few hours away. :-/ I suppose if it comes down to it, stay here til after pod baby is born if the house sells before then, then move up there afterwards. So, if house sells but I don't move right away, sometime around the first of the year I guess. I dunno. More talking needs to be done. And I'm too tired to think about it for now.
Short term solutions:
1) X and I go live with my parents, save where I can. Maybe get rid of little bills that can be paid off sooner to free up more money in the long run.
2) Enroll X in the elementary school down here. While I could try the homeschool route, there's no guarantee which county or school system he'd end up in since there's several different counties/locales we're considering. I transferred the middle of kindergarten, the biggest change was going from half days to full days. I survived, he'd stronger in some ways so he'll adapt and over come.
3) The biggest hurdle, tho, is still trying to figure out Mystery. Keep her or see if DDEAF and the Deaf Dogs group will help me find her a better situation. Fostering her isn't really fair to her since there is no definite time frame. Boarding her is out of the question since we can in no way begin to afford it. No friends or family have the means or ability to house her or would even be remote possibilities to ask. Don't know that I want to turn to the rescue that is around here after it took them a month to get the dog I fostered out AFTER she attacked Mystery last year.(After saying she'd be here less than a week to begin with!)
4) Do my damndest not to go crazy. Oh, and take care of myself so pod baby grows and is born happy and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment