We head home tomorrow, but are done at the beach. We had a wonderful time, for the most part. Aside from the uncomfortable bits around Rob's family that is better off than us... Then again, they have to be to afford to rent an entire beach house on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL (or Floribama depending on who you talk to. heh)
Anyhow. I had a wonderful few days. Not because they nausea was the least its been in a long time or because I was actually able to get up and do stuff but because...
Thursday we went to the zoo. Its been featured on Animal Planet lately - The Littlest Zoo That Could. (The links are the only ones I can get to come up at the moment.) Anyhow, first thing we saw was 3 tiger cubs, only about 3 months old or so. Maybe 4 tops. Any how. There were 2 of the orange and white cubs, and one white. The white cub was the only girl. She was adorable and had a blast in the little wading pool they had set up. The biggest of the 3 was being held by the zoo worker and up for everyone to pet on the railing. He made my day when he grabbed my hand from petting his head to nurse on my finger. Can we say heaven? I was beyond happy then. It only got more fun tho. We saw some "panters" (black cheetah's I believe, I know they weren't leopards but don't remember exactly which big cat they were) and one of them had my name. Even more fun for me. :) She was born some time last year. So she's still a young one, but I still enjoyed it. I was able to walk the entire little zoo as well, so it was a good day all around.
The next morning, Friday morning, my week was even more complete. I was able to see a pod (?) of dolphins swim by in front of the beach house. It made the 6:30 am wake up well worth it. We think there was a good 20 of them total that we saw yesterday. That was the most any one saw the entire week to that point. And it was just me, Rob and his step-dad Bill. But it was a wonderful time. Day just started and we saw a large group of dolphins just swim by, well, saw them as they came up for air. It was wonderful.
This morning during breakfast I got to see a couple more dolphins swim by the house. Only about 2 this morning, but I was still happy.
So, less nausea (thank you for Reglan), actually able to interact with other adults, letting a tiger cub nurse on my finger, panther named after me, and seeing quite a few dolphins swim past in front of our beach house. Who could ask for a more relaxing or fun week? Not I. I'll let ya'll know we've gotten home some time tomorrow or Monday after X's dr's appt. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment