Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tough decisions...

Rob decided after his first day of inprocessing he wants to move us all up to Atlanta. Yay for the full time family, boo for all the stress...

First on the list of that stress - the house. Keep? or Sell? Sell seems to be the best option. Called the realtor we bought the house thru and she came out today. I knew there was cosmetic repairs needed inside to get the house ready to sell, this lady was anal about stuff. Stuff that wasn't fixed when we moved in is stuff she would like to see fixed before we even list the house. At least she knows someone who does roof work and possibly siding that we can *hopefully* get to replace the roof and ruined siding (maybe even fix the gutters) and take payment at closing. *crosses fingers and hopes fervently*

Housing in Atlanta - buy or rent? Soo many factors to even begin to consider here. Where to begin? Where to live? How much can we realistically afford? We can't afford shit til this house sells. Luckily Joe and Jenn are willing to let Rob crash on their futon til we can get a place up there. Either way, its still not my idea of fun.

Next on the list of stress - Mystery. As much as I would like to say there is no question as to what to do with her, she keeps regressing in housetraining and I can't handle it anymore. She doesn't "listen" or even try to pretend to behave. She refuses to stay housebroken for longer than 2 weeks at a time - I think 2 weeks, maybe 3 tops is the longest we've ever gone with no accident in the house. And once she has one accident, she just stops holding it or letting us know she has to go. She'll just cop a squat whereever, whenever she wants. We already had to rip out carpeting in one area of the house from where she and the other 2 thought it was potty time. She does fine in her kennel at night, but if she's out for longer than 5 minutes once that door opens its lake Mystery. I only mention this because Rob seems to think its ok to let her out while he makes his coffee THEN take her outside. No way, nuh uh. The door opens, she goes out on the run. Thank you, bu-bye.

Of course, I don't know that we can find a place to rent in Atlanta with Mystery. She's definately larger than almost all places allow. And once Transportation takes all our stuff here, I have nowhere to go around here that she can feasibly go with us. Mom and Dad AND Andrea all have no pet clauses in their leases. I don't really have anyone else in the area that I know well enough to even ask to stay there, or to keep her while we try to sell the house and find someplace we can have her up there. And of course, the first words out of my dad's mouth - If you want to get anything really done over there Mystery has really got to go. *rolls eyes, deep breaths* WTF am I supposed to do? I don't know anyone who would even be willing to temporarily house her, let alone try to take her on permanently. Nor do I know if I trust anyone around her to. I feel bad "foisting" her off on to anyone because she is such a problematic dog. I do care about her, but she has worn my last nerve to the quick. I'm totally at a loss on this one.

Next? X starts school in August. Ideally I'd love to have him in one school for the entire year so I don't have to deal with school/teacher bs multiple times. Does it look like that could really happen? Not bloody f*cking likely. Dad says just register him here and tell them he'll be moving at some point during the school year. That's all well and good, but its not wtf I want to do. I know how it was moving in the middle of the school year, or even just a few months in. It sucks. For everyone. No two schools are the same, even in the same frigging school district. But, if I don't register him he suffers. And I'm a bad parent. So, guess I'll call tomorrow or Monday about getting him registered down here.

Finally? If it takes too long to sell the house, I don't think I'll be able to even think of moving to Atlanta until after December. Come September/October I'll have hit the 7 month mark and won't really be able to travel. Does that mean that moving and getting used to a whole other OB is out too? Knowing my luck, probably.

So, unless I can get this house sold and a new place found before the beginning of August X will end up changing schools during the school year and I'll be looking for a lamaze coach other than my husband. All things to make me a very sad/pissed off panda.

No comments: