Hrm. I know I've not been as big on the details with this pregnancy as with Si's. Sorry gal's. It almost seems unreal and I'm more afraid of this one than with either X or Si. Not sure why. I just get a very bad feeling something really wrong will happen this time around some days. Some days the bad feeling revolves around the baby, others of something happening to me but the baby is fine. I dunno. So I've been loathe to talk about it for fear of jinxing the pregnancy or myself. Today marks 19 weeks, though, and nothing worse than a case of BV (which I thought was a yeast infection but went in anyhow, good thing too) and being charted and followed as Complicated OB from the start.
We have the first of what I'm told will be many ultrasounds next week. This one being the normal 20 week US. If the baby cooperates and lets us know gender then fine, if not I'm not making the tech search and guess. I don't really want to know. I'd rather be surprised. I figure I have 1 girl and 1 boy, it doesn't really matter what we have so long as he/she is happy healthy. Rob seems to want another little girl, and I agree it would be a bit easier financially as I still have ALL of Si's old clothes, and almost nothing boy clothes-wise, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. X wants a little brother. Si seems to want a sister. My sister and brother seem to think the PodPerson is a boy. I don't know. But if he/she cooperates next week, everyone will know.
I did my usual and lost almost 20 pounds due to the wonderful bout of not-just-Morning Sickness. I'm almost back up to pre-pregnancy weight. I do have a bit of a baby belly starting tho, so I can't really wear pre-pregnancy jeans anymore unless I leave them at least unbuttoned. I guess I should be happy Andrea saw fit to get me maternity clothes for Christmas. :) Of course, the pants are all the lower band type ones. I can't stand the ones that even remotely go up over the belly... Something about it just annoys me to know end and makes my stomach crawn and itch constantly. I was the same way with Si. *shudders*
X and Si both know I'm having another baby, though X hasn't really noticed a belly so hasn't paid as much attention and Si gives it as much thought as any 2 year old. She's definitely indifferent to it all at the moment. I guess she doesn't see the new baby so doesn't really notice or care... Maybe she'll take a bigger interest when I start to show more. X is trying to help us decide on names again, but we already have a boy and girl name chosen. Rob's Mom actual made a request for baby name this time around, so the name she chose will be the baby's first name, with a variant spelling depending on gender. Middle names were chosen to tickle my fancy, but the names sound good together either way. :) If you really want to know, email me and I'll share. Otherwise you'll have to wait til June (or May if the baby decides not to wait til June 4 to finish incubating.) Lets just say that either way you look at the name choices, this baby is named after family through and through.
X finished up his winter holiday school projects yesterday. He had a math packet that we did Monday and Tuesday, then a musical instrument project we did yesterday. He had to make a home made instrument using commonly available items, then write up how we made it and draw illustrations. We'll see what the teacher things of the instrument and his write/draw ups next Tuesday when he goes back to school I suppose. :)
Si has decided she doesn't much care for regular diapers anymore, so we're on to using Pull-ups. She isn't quite ready to go to the potty IN the potty yet, but she's getting there. She'll sit there and pretend to go, or stand there and pretend to hold herself to pee (watched Daddy and X a few TOO many times.) Unfortunately some days it doesn't seem to matter what I put her in she'll strip and run around stark raving naked before letting me get her dressed again... And she'll potty right where she stands if she has to go. :-/ Cleaning up lake Si and pond Simon gets annoying on those days.
Simon had his 3rd puppy shots Tuesday. He's up to 7 lbs. I switched him from the Eukenuba the pet store gave us for free when we got him and onto Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul. He absolutely loves the CS puppy food. The first time I put any in with the old food he wolfed it down and went looking for more. Which I take as a good sign considering he was giving fits eating the old stuff. He doubled the amount that he'd eat at each feeding, and as such put on 2 pounds in a month. But he's healthy and solid, so I'm not really overfeeding him. He only gets between 3/4 and 1 cup of food a day between his 3 feedings. I also did an at-home grooming session with him over the weekend. Bought a clippers set and cut his fur Saturday then touched up Monday after his bath. His fur is kinda short and looks really wavy the way its cut, and he's definitely not show quality cut, but it doesn't look terrible and I can see his face again. :) And I think he looks pretty darn good.
Rob made it safe and sound to FL for his school. He'll be home the tail end of the first week of February. He'll get to see him Mom and Step-Dad on the weekends, though... And his sister and nephew if she goes over while he's there. He'll even get to borrow their net to do video conferences with us Sundays before he goes back to his hotel, so hopefully it'll go by quickly. The timing sucks, but at least its now and not right after I'm due.
Oh, and I got a surprise message from Ginger-bear yesterday. She's helping her sister move back to HI the beginning of Feb and will be here for almost a week so I'll get to see her in a few weeks. YAY! She's not sure if she'll be able to fly out after PodPerson is born because of air fare prices and whatnot, so we'll enjoy what time we get while she's here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment