Checkup today went fine. NSTs Tuesday were fine. PodPerson is still content to bloat and bake. :) BP is staying steady at my normal low BP. The Dr offered to strip my membranes today, I declined. If I'm still incubating next week, then I'll consider it. I want him to be born on his terms, though, so I'm hoping he'll decide when he wants to be born before interventions/medicine decides they need to step in. Of course, I got yet another laugh today with the Dr. While measuring my fundal height (only measuring 37 weeks) he felt bony something or other at the top of my uterus. He asked if PodPerson was head down, yep, been that way for months now. He did a quick US to make sure, yep head down. "The baby has one of the boniest butts I've ever felt or I don't know my anatomy very well..." AHAHAHAHAH The baby just loves to rest his legs and feet on my ribs. But its possible he has a very bony butt as well.
Got home, Si and Rob were having a grand old time, then she laid her head on his chest and fell asleep. He went to hand her to me so he could go to the bathroom, I kissed her forehead and I asked him for the thermometer. "What? Wait, why?" Cause she feels hot... He comes over, takes her temp, and its up at 102.8... Gave her some tylenol and called Tripler to see if they had any same day appts left. Luckily they have one at 1330, so she's going in in an hour and a half to find out what is up. I hope it's not from her appt yesterday. She had her weight check yesterday. She's up to 36 inches and 23lbs 13oz. Her Dr. wanted to run a few tests to make sure its not something genetic or other, i.e. not thyroid, anemia, etc. They drew blood and had to cath her for a urine sample since she's not really to the point with potty training to even think of going consistently. I'm hoping I don't get a phone call from him saying the blood/urine work showed anything, but I can ask what the test results were this afternoon. I think she's just small, active, and has a high metabolism. He just wants to make sure that's all it is and we're not missing something. Ok, let's make sure. Let me know it really isn't something that's my fault, please. *EDIT/UPDATE* The fever today is most likely some kind of lovely virus, as all of her tests yesterday were normal. Nothing showed up in the urine, CBC was fine, sodium was right at the low end of normal, thyroid panel was normal, etc. She's just small and burns off the calories she eats before she puts on a lot of weight... Yea, like we didn't realize that just by looking at her immediate family. LOL :-)
Ah well. My mother in-law gets here next Wed/Thurs for 10 days, so let's see if PodPerson is waiting for her, or if he'll be born just before she gets here. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment