Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another week down

We've made it to 37 weeks! YAY! During my weekly checkup Thursday the Dr. said congrats, feel free to go into labor now. LOL. He made sure I was done with the progesterone shots, I said yes. I have 1 refill left and he joked and said I should fill it then give it to PodPerson so he knows what I went thru for him. I just laughed. A sense of humor is always nice, right? NSTs were uneventful this week, fluid checks were fine, about 20cm Tues and Fri was down to about 17 or 18cm, but still plenty of fluid. He's still got a nice, comfy swimming pool to float around in until he decides to stop baking. Have had a few (very sporadic) crampy type contractions and my back is sore more lately, so he's getting ready. Doesn't seem to be as high up IN my ribs either, so that could mean he's balling up tighter, or he's dropping down lower. We shall see.

Rob started an exercise at work yesterday, he's on the night shift. /sigh It goes all this week, so let's hope we are able to hold off until the weekend so I know he can drive me, or I don't have to call him at work. PodPerson will be born when he's born, but we can hope, right?

Gave Simon a bath today, he was starting to really stink. I just haven't had the energy to bathe him, and being as I tend to be the one to groom him figured I should do it before this week starts to get interesting with dr's appts. Now to see if I have the energy to cut/shave him later.

Oh, and yes I did finally get my hospital bag all packed. Its on top of the boxes holding PodPerson's carseat and the double stroller (so we can put his carseat on it and let Si still ride since she tends to run off if you let her loose.) Only thing not in there that I've considered possibly adding is my maternity bathing suit in case they actually let me in the jacuzzi. And an extra pair of batteries for the camera, must remember to add that as well. Otherwise, 2 changes of clothes for me, 2 outfits for PodPerson, a pair of nursing pj's for me, Jolly Rancher bits for me to suck on since we all know I'll be pretty much NPO after I'm admitted, but the little candies will help keep me semi-hydrated, or my mouth from drying out at least. Also included 2 little hand back massagers and a brand new pair of slippers for me. Have chapstick in my purse, which I'll have as well as the hospital bag. Anything else I'm forgetting?

No comments: