And another week closer to there being less issues with PodPerson should he be born in the near future. Monday was quiet. Tried to get a few things done around the house since I didn't have any appointments. Got a couple loads of laundry done. I swear its a never ending chore that is so piled up right now I've contemplated just taking it all to a laundry mat to get them washed/dried and then folding it all when we get home. Catch us up, then try to stay on top of it more, I just don't have the energy to do that right now. /sigh
Tuesday I knew was going to be crazy. I knew my phone would be busy with family calling with birthday wishes. Of course, the phone didn't blow up until I really couldn't answer it. I had my NST that morning. Apparently I had a couple of contractions back to back that had them a bit worried so I was off for a fluid check and then to L&D for more monitoring. They read as big on the monitor and lasted for almost a minute each, so they were taking precautions. Fluid was fine, almost 19cm, which we all know is still in the normal range, so that was fine. Off to L&D for the normal barrage of tests to make sure I'm not in labor, etc. Apparently, without realizing it, I had yet another yeast infection... Number 5 for this pregnancy. Also spent 3 hours hooked up to the TOCO (contraction monitor). Still having irregular contractions, but I wasn't progressing. Started out at about 1cm dilated, 50% effaced and -2 to -3 station (all that means is I'm not dilating, but my cervix is starting to thin and they can feel the baby's head, but he still moves so he's not completely locked and loaded.) When they checked me 2 hours after the initial check I was still at 1cm, 50% and -2/-3 so no progress with contractions, I got to go home. Yay. Of course, remember me saying the phone didn't start ringing til I couldn't really answer? Yea, while I was hooked up to the monitors everyone decided to call. /sigh I watched a couple episodes of CSI: NY and did Fill In puzzles (like crosswords but you are given the words to put in, you just have to figure out where they go.) Was all rather nice/quiet for me. Rob said it was a mini-vacation for me. LOL I guess.
Of course, I didn't get out of the hospital until everyone was leaving the hospital and during rush hour, so it took me over an hour to get home. We were going to go out to eat, but it was already after 6:30 so Rob made spagetti and we had ice cream afterwards. I also opened the presents Rob and the kids had for me - a couple of cd's and a new game for the Wii, Rayman Raving Rabids invade the TV. I've beat the other two Rayman games so Rob got me the other one in the series. Now to sit down and play it. :)
Wednesday was quiet, more laundry. Thursday was my weekly check up with OB. Everything is going well. This week fundal height was actually 35.5... Were the other drs measuring small, this one measuring large, or did PodPerson actually cooperate and stretch out to show off his size? Either way, I suppose it was a pleasant surprise. Of course, when the dr went to do the doppler he asked if I was feeling the baby move, as you can see feet and knees start kicking AT the doppler wand. Nope, not feeling him move at all. LOL
Friday was another NST and my regular fluid check. Somehow this time around my fluid was up to 25.3cm. Remember how I keep pointing out normal is 5-25? Yea, that's slightly MORE fluid than I'm supposed to have so I've earned ANOTHER growth scan. /sigh I have noticed that I seem to have more and more fluid as the fluid checks have progressed, so I'm a bit curious as to why. My diabetes test was negative. My blood pressure has stayed at its normal "are you sure you're breathing/feeling ok" low levels. So, my curiosity is up as to why it keeps increasing. And I'm curious to see how much they guesstimate the baby to weigh now.
Yesterday, Saturday, we cleaned and did more stuff around the house. I finally managed to get 1 load of clothes for PodPerson washed. Most of the newborn/0-3 month clothes we have for him. So the outfit I want to bring him home in is clean, I just need to get my bag packed. :) We put down an area rug down in X's room and rearranged a bit under his bed (remember he has a loft so his TV and GameCube and VCR/DVD player are under there.) Also vacuumed the vent upstairs, the stairs, the couch, and the area rug downstairs. So yesterday was slightly productive.
Today is yet more laundry and a bit of relaxing. Beyond that, who knows. Have I mentioned that apparently my family has bets going on as to when they think PodPerson will be born? Yea. Mom says May 6. Dad says May 10. My sister in-law says the end of the month. Andrea says May 10-14. Rob says May 11-20 (since he has an exercise at work going on that he's got to be there and his Mom has stuff going on at work that she can't leave to fly out here for either.) I don't think I'll make it to the end of the month. Especially if he's already over 6lbs or so now. I just don't think I could naturally deliver more than an 8lb baby. Ah well, we shall see. Anyone else have guesses as to when he'll make his grand entrance?
No comments:
Post a Comment