What to blog about. Not a whole lot going on. Same old, same old. X is doing well so far in the school year, tho invariably he seems to forget something of his homework just about every frelling night. I told him if he forgets any of it tomorrow he's grounded. Perhaps its a bit harsh, but "forgetting" something every day is more than just a little old. If it's not one thing its another. Yes, its his grades, but he needs to learn the consequences of his actions, right? He gets to make up the homework in class, so I'm trying to come up with something at home to try to deter him from letting it become more of a habit.
M is growing and having a grand old time. He's getting bigger and smiling and cooing at me a lot more. For now he's all about Momma. He smiles for Daddy, X and Si, but wants me over everyone else. I think its just cause I'm nursing him, so Momma=food=happy to see me. I could be wrong, though, who knows.
Si is doing well. Slowly catching on to the potty training bit. She actually went #2 in the potty today. I heard her cry and went to check on her. She'd assumed the position so I snatched her up and carried her to the potty to go. She'll go #1 most days, but doesn't always tell me, so we're still using the pull-ups. She has no problem taking off the dirties and throwing them away and getting clean ones, so she's getting closer.
Rob is doing Battle Staff (something to do with drawing maps I think) for the next month. He's doing it here on island, but it's VTC with Ft. Bliss, so he has to be at the class by 0300 or so. On the bright side he's supposed to be home by 1200 or so, but we only have 1 car... I am NOT getting up that early to take him so I can have the car. We get to spend time together, but I can't do anything in the mornings. Hope like hell X doesn't need picked up or need to take the kids to the dr's.
I've been picking up stuff to make Yule/Christmas gifts. Have most of what I'm wanting/needing, just a few more things to find. I also need to start picking up stuff for everyone. I think I have a few ideas for most everyone, but I also need to get ideas from a few people. I know, I've still got a few months, but mail to and from the island sucks and I want to get stuff done as early as I can.
How is everyone else doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment