Hello all. I have returned from that lovely get-away called Mom and Dad's. I brought a prisoner with me, her name, Mom. What will garner her release? The return of Rob. Until then, Mom agrees to be my hostage / sanity saviour. :-) Ok, so I'm being silly. Mom wanted to come back down as much as I wanted her too. She needed a break from the daily solitude afforded her in Atlanta. She can only take so much of being home alone with 4 hellions for dogs so long before she needs a vacation. :-) I'm just lucky she actually llikes coming to my house and helping with Xavier. I love my Mom. I swear she's the greatest.
Ok, now to rant a little. You'd think my hubby would have called by now to let me know that he got to CA ok. But noo. No phone call. And he has a calling card, even if it only has about 10 minutes or so on it. He's still got one. Oh well. I'm sure he's fine. The battery hasn't called, nor has anyone from the FRG so I will believe that everything is going good for him. :-)
I know I said I'd probably be back before Monday (today) but Andrea asked me to stay a little longer so she could spend time with Xavier. I told her I didn't have enough clothes and toiletries so she took me shopping and let me raid her closet. It's nice to be spoiled sometimes. :-) Xavier even got a new outfit out of the deal... but his was for alterior reasons. Dad went hunting on his 8 acres Saturday and brought down a deer and wanted pictures of Xavier with her. So we bought a camera - then later on a camouflage outfit to put him up in the deer stand - and I got to play amatuer photographer. I hope the pictures come out because there were some really cute poses.
Saturday was definately a learning experience. I learned that deer are very pretty up close, even when their souls have already left for the rainbow bridge. I learned that their fur is very soft. I learned that when I really want to I can semi-meditate to accomplish a goal - this time saying a prayer for the deer and sending her spirit on her way. I learned that there is nothing more serene than thanking a deer for her sacrifice while looking into her beautiful brown eyes. And I learned the somewhat aweful skill of skinning a dear so as not to waste any of the meat she may provide. I was both revolted, yet compelled to learn as my dad tought me. It was as if the God(dess) was telling me it was something I needed to do. I walked away from it all with a deeper respect for mother nature and all of her creatures. I saw a new beauty in her divine plan that I had never seen, while at the same time seeing a part of it that I don't know as if I ever want to witness again. *bittersweet smile*
Oh well. Enough about that all now. I am home, I feel a bit rested and rejuvenated and ready to face the next 30 days with a bit more courage than I had before. Maybe even a bit of a better outlook on it all. Who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment