Rob is safely in the sandbox, in case I hadn't posted that already. Usually get about 1 email a day from him. The last one I got yesterday he was complaining about the lady next to him's perfume... Said it was so bad his nose wouldn't stop running. The stuff he must endure in an internet cafe, poor guy.
It feels odd not having my own house. Before closing I could still use the excuse of going to check on the house or the mail to get away. Now, just running errands.
Speaking of errands, that is how I spent the latter part of my week. Tues. X followed up with his eye dr. Still in glasses, but they are helping. (He took them off to cut down on glare for the family photos.) Next follow up in 6 weeks.
Tues night I went and played photographer for the Volunteer Fire Dept. for Dad. They're going to be getting IDs and they needed someone with a camera (digital) to take pics to get the process going. Tag, I'm it. :) Got most of the volunteers' pics taken. Still a few needed. Dunno when/if they'll get theirs done.
Wed I ended up taking Si in to peds. She has caught the cold going around and apparently her breathing/coughing worried Dad. To the point (I find out much later in the evening) that he considered grabbing his O2 tank from his First Responder bag and calling 911. Oy! Being as she's so young, tho, peds gave me Nasal Saline drops to help loosen the gunk and suction her nose out, and non-medicinal stuff to try to help otherwise... Keep elevated, maybe use a humidifier, etc. They don't give meds for babies as young as she is. We picked up some BabyVicks and put a little between her shoulder blades last night. Not so much coughing this morning. Could be getting better. *crosses fingers* I sure hope so. Sick baby = uber cranky baby.
Thurs I got tags for our vehicles and was finally able to get Si's official birth certificate picked up. Apparently there have been so many births lately the court house is getting backed up. Go figure.
Fri I went to the SSA to find out if Si's SS# had been issued because we still hadn't gotten her card. I want to get started on taxes so I can get them submitted and done. Spend an hour+ there, get the number, find out the card was mailed 1/29. Get home, what's waiting in the mail box? Yep, the SS card. *mumbling* Doesn't it just figure?
Today James and Jessi left to move to Indiana with her Mom. Hope they make it ok and do alright. *shrug* I dunno. Will have to wait and see how it pans out.
Next week? Relax a bit. Get taxes done and submitted. Have a parent/teacher conference with X's teachers. Go to Atl to order my dress for Joe & Jenn's wedding and get X fitted for his tux. Maybe even go to a cake tasting with them. TRY to relax a bit. Hope to get to talk to Rob more. Oh, and perhaps most important... Find out wtf is going on with orders!
Yea, not holding my breath that the week goes anything like what I hope it will. But hope I will. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment