Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One monkey off the back

We officially closed this evening. Well, I signed the papers, but its done. The house is gone. *breathes a big sigh of relief*

Of course, it was still not without the bullshit points. Apparently the damn mortgage company took last years taxes out of the escrow account, but failed to mail the check when they did. If they had the county tax office would have had the payment before today. But, the realtor spent some time with them on the phone today and they still hadn't received or processed the payment. It was taken out 12/27/06, where the fuck is the damn thing? Apparently many mortgage companies wait til the last minute to mail it in. When I called the mortgage company, they said "our records show the payment was made on 12/27". If that's the case, where the hell is it? Can you give me a cancelled check number? "We can research it and mail you our findings." What part of I close in 30 minutes do you not frigging understand? Oh wait. I know. English isn't your first language. You're only half understanding what I'm saying and could really give less than a rats ass. In the end, the tax payment had to come out of closing today. So, the county will end up getting the payment twice. Then they'll refund the mortgage company. And then I get to wait for a refund from those asshats. I swear, if you can at all avoid it, NEVER go with CitiMortgage. I've had nothing but trouble with them and would not have the least bit of heartburn if they went belly up.

Then, the closing attorney's office needed to talk to Rob to know that he is alive and well since he is unable to be at closing. HELLO!!! I have a frigging POA to sell the gorram house because he is physically unable to be here. He's half way around the world for pete's sake. No I can't just call him. No he doesn't have his cell phone tutned on to receive my calls. I did try calling his unit to see if they could get ahold of him. They don't even know for certain which dang dong base he's at over there. *le sigh* While I was at the attorney's office they decided just talking to someone from his unit and verifying he's over there and alive would work. Good thing cause otherwise they'd have to wait until sometime tomorrow at the earliest for him to try calling them.

When all is said and done, tho, we did close this evening. The house is officially no longer my headache. Much annoyance later, tho. Unfortunately, we were not able to pay off the one bill we wanted to because the money that would have gone to do that instead had to pay the friggin taxes. *much vehement mumbling* Of course, that bill is the water softener system that we left with the house. I was unhappy with it and wanted rid of it. Instead, now I have to wait until we get the taxes refund to pay it off. *groan* Yes, avoid CitiMortgage if you can at all possibly avoid them. *more mumbling*

No comments: