Its been a busy week, and its only gonna get crazier.
Monday was off and on a fairly crappy day. Had a dental appt at 0730, or so I thought. The receptionist called me last Thurs not long after I got home from X's failed dentist appt to confirm mine. However, somewhere between me talking to her and me walking into the office at 0725 my appt had been rescheduled for the 23rd at 1100. How the hell they rescheduled my appt without my knowledge or approval is beyond me OR the receptionists. Lucky for me, they had an opening at 1000 Monday so I went back then. I was just glad Ginger and Mike had taken the day off and Ginger kidnapped Si for the morning. The appt went well. It was perhaps the most thorough initial dentist visit I've ever had. I must say I am truly impressed with this dentist and his approach, and if he were the deciding factor to staying here longer or leaving, I may just have to stay thus far. Anyhow.
After my dentist appt I decided to go looking for the comic book shop as I'm trying to pick up the few Anita Blake comics I've missed. It wasn't where I vaguely recalled the address saying it should be. I went up the stairs into the used cd store and they told me the place had moved and gave me the new address. Just a few blocks up so I continued my stroll downtown. It was a nice day, lots of nice little shops, off I went. Stopped in a shop with candles, picked up a couple. Found the comic shop, no they didn't have the ones I needed, but they can order them for me. Ordered 2 that I KNEW I needed. On the walk back to my car I stopped in a bookstore and picked up a self-attunement Reiki book. It has the Reiki symbols and looked easier to read/understand than the one I have. Also stopped in a gems/semi-occult store on the way back. Dunno that I liked the one lady's attitude, but there were pretty gems, may go back. Not sure. Stopped in a gently used children's/maternity store to see if they had any nursing shirts, preferrably long sleeved... No such luck. She said to check back, though, as she buys them up as she gets the chance.
When I got home I talked to Ginger a bit, then Si and I came back over to the house so she could eat. Mike came over a bit later so I could ask him what we wanted to do for dinner/cake for Ginger. (Did I mention Monday was our Ginger-bear's big 3-0?) He had no clue what to do for dinner, so he called over to ask her. She wanted canadian bacon pizza. No prob. We can order that. I knew she wanted an ice cream cake, she'd already given me the coupon she'd clipped this past weekend. I just had to figure out what flavor, Chocolate and Vanilla from Baskin Robbins. NP. I'll get it after I pick X up, and order the pizza when we get home. While we were looking a few things up online I found a link for a place downtown that does gourmet chocolate pizzas. Having sworn I'd seen the awning for the place a couple times that morning I said I'd go see about getting her one... Ginger does love her chocolate. And it's a PIZZA! Both things she'd already said she wanted for her b'day. :)
I get X, we go downtown, park the car in the parking garage and begin our journey to find the store... And we can't find it. I vaguely remember the name and direction it was in and we NEVER find the damn place. I call Mike, he can't remember much and he's running an errand so can't go look it up. After an hour of looking the kids and I decide its time to just go get the cake and head home. Great idea. I go for the one BR I know of in town. Get there at 1615 to get the cake. One problem, the store is closed up. I get out, look at the hours on the door... 1600 to 2000 or so... WTF PEOPLE???? Remember, its 1615 and I'm already having a shitty day off and on... The sign says to go all the way across town to the other location if that ones not open. Ok, fine.
I call Mike to see exactly what side of the road the other BR is on. Get 2 sentences into the call and my cell just dies. No warning. Just dies. I'd been having problems getting it to charge or stay charged, but it usually beeps before the battery dies. I try charging it on the car charger, but no real luck. I get to the other side of town, and make a lucky guess as to which side of the road and which plaza the BR is in. Go in, finally decide on a cake, get the girl to put "Happy Birthday" on it, pay and leave. Decide, the Verizon store is on my way home, I'll stop and get them to check my phone. Get there and the guys says it sounds like I just need a new battery. It should still be under warranty he can just switch em out. He grabs a battery, goes to the counter, pulls up the acct, yep. Its under warranty, what's the password. Shit, I can't remember. Ok. What's your address. Give him the new one. Nope, older. Give him our old house. Nope, not that one. Fine, my parents' address. Yep, there you go. Thank you, have a nice day.
Got home, went to PapaJohns.com, ordered pizzas and went to let Ginger know dinner'd be here in 30-40. No prob. X decides to stay at Aunt Ginger's for a little bit so he can run on the treadmill. The boy has an obsession with the thing. He LOVES to run on it. Get out extra energy as he says. Fine by me. Wear yourself out kid. Ginger and X get back to our house right before the pizza, Mike just after. We eat, watch a little CSI, I try to find the candle we used when Rob turned 30 but can't figure out where the frell it is, so use X's SpongeBob candle instead. Cake was good, pizza was good, company was great. The day ended well at least.
Tuesday was ok. Not so screwed up. Quiet. Of course, it would have been better had I not woke up feeling like my right breast had been crushed under a bus all day. Yea, the joys of breastfeeding left me with a clogged duct. Much nursing on that side, some massage, and the pain/clog subsided.
Today wasn't too bad. X started it with a tantrum of minor proportions before school. It was his early day so I didn't get a whole lot done, though I did manage to do 3 loads of laundry completely. I think the last load is still in the dryer. I'll fluff it tomorrow.
Oh... Si and I made a new discovery today... Her very first tooth. It finally broke through today. Wasn't broken through yesterday. Lower jaw, right front tooth. I said yay, you got your first tooth and she smiled really big and clapped. You'd think she'd hung the moon we had so much fun clapping and saying yay. Left to get brother a little bit later and told him. He was really excited too. Called all the Grandparents. Well, didn't get to talk to my dad, but everyone else. They were all excited/happy.
The hospital called today to let me know X's time to get to the hospital for his surgery Friday had changed. Instead of needing to be there at 1100, he needs to be there by 1000. He can have clear liquids until 0800, nothing solid after 0200. We'll probably leave here by 0830, but the house phone will be forwarded to the cell phone, just in case you want to call and talk to him or I or just to check on him. His surgery should be at 1100. It is supposed to be a same day, so he'll be home Friday some time. In case I've failed to mention it, he's having a medial rectus recession of his left eye. I don't know full details, all I know is they are weakening a muscle on his inner eye. Its to try to stop him from turning his head so much to use both eyes. I hope it works first time around and we don't have to have a 2nd surgery.
That's pretty much the week thus far in a nut shell. I've talked to Rob recently (talking to him on Messenger at the moment). He's doing well, or as well as can be expected. I'm pooped tho, so I'm gonna post this and pass out I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment