Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Ok, I'm a day late but I was on the road driving home for a fair bit of yesterday.

We headed out to C&M's house Friday evening. Got there about an hour before Michelle did, if that. The kids did good on the drive out, both slept for a bit of it. X walked in like we'd not been gone for several months, Si went to Chris and Ro no probs, but was a bit leary of Tori. As loud as she proclaims she doesn't want kids, I think she was just a bit snubbed by Si not going to her. Anyhow, Friday was quiet. We stayed in, we talked. Relaxed.

Saturday we left the kids at home for a bit and ran out to a brewery/bottling store. Adult time! Yay. :) (Tori actually got X to eat the 6 grapes I told him he had to eat from lunch. Miracle worker that girl. <3 Tori!) On the way back we snuck a bit of quiet time at Starbucks and talked about the vineyard and what else to do there. The possible B&B at the front so Wayne has his B&B. Maybe doing the rooms over shops, instead of in the main house. What kind of shops? Well, of course the offices for running the vineyard, and maybe a coffee/tea shop with perhaps a small bakery and small bookstore. (Oh, and Rob liked the idea of the bookstore when I told him about it last night.) Sounds wonderful. Good wine, good food, good company, and good books! A dream to strive for.

We all went to see "Horton Hears a Who" Saturday afternoon. What I saw of it was good. Si decided about 45 mins or so in that she wanted to walk around more than just from me, past C&M to Ro and back again so I let her out chased her around the theater. I got to see the last 5 or 10 mins as well, so I guess I can always just see it when its out on DVD.

The drive home was fairly quiet yesterday. Now to find the energy to do dishes and laundry. Nah, think I'll watch some of Angel season 2 and see if Rob gets online. Do that tonight after I get X and after we've run to the grocery store.

No comments: