Does X have such horrid teeth? He got his 6-year molars late last year. The enamel on them sucks great big honking donkey balls. Either there isn't enough in some areas or too much in others, but the enamel pure sucks. Getting him to brush them right gets to be a bit of a chore some days too. Why all the ugh? Because Tues he went in for a cleaning and they found a tiny cavity starting in one said molars. He went in yesterday and got it fixed, but the dentist is afraid that in the future the enamel will start to wear away from the tooth and things it will be a candidate for future crowns, etc. /sigh Its not like he sucks on sodas all day and eats junk food constantly. I've cut out a ton of the sugary crap. When/if I let him have soda it is maybe 1 a day, and the only soda I have in the house is Sprite One which has no sugar and no corn syrup (the two big teeth eating baddies). I don't have a lot of candy in the house, and he does the whole mouthwash/floss/brush routine at least twice a day. He just has a small mouth and the toothbrush doesn't always get the sides of his back teeth as well as it could/should. I hope he grows up to have a great paying job with wonderful benefits cause his mouth is turning out to be an expensive prospect.
On a bright note, the PoA got here yesterday as I left to get X from school. Took X to the dentist then walked a few blocks down to the courthouse and got Rob's truck registered. It cost almost $100 less than we thought it would. So a little good happened. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment