Thursday, February 05, 2009

O.M.G...

I finally got to go to the Cheesecake Factory tonight for dinner. I've said I've wanted to go for years. Rob and I were going to go last year for our anniversary but decided the hour long wait for food when we were already hungry wasn't happening. (We went to a nice Steak House instead, and they were good as well.) Anyhoo... We went with Ginger, Mike, Holly and the twins. All of the kids were really well behaved, I was impressed. A 7 y/o, a 2 y/o and 2 1 y/o plus 4 adults. The food was yummy. Mike and I split some spicy chicken egg rolls for an appetizer. Yummy. Then I had chicken stuffed tortillas. *drool* I even brought home a slice of Snickers and Cheesecake. Heaven in a box. I'm stuffed and could probably curl up and go to sleep if Si would cooperate.

It was a Ginger and Mike day today all day. Well, from about 10:30 on. We met at the Aloha Stadium for the Swap Meet (Flea Market basically). Walked it twice, first time to see where we wanted to stop and shop, second time to actually pick up what we wanted. I bought Si an adorable purple Hawaiian print dress, X a blue Hawaiian print button down shirt and short, I got a pink flirty/floaty type skirt, a Ukulele for the kids (cause Si really seems to enjoy playing with the neighbor kids' one) and even found a t-shirt for my brother. (That I must remember to remind Ginger is in her bags, since we paid for a bunch of t-shirts together. They were cheaper to buy in bulk.)

Came back to my house after the swap meet since it was 1300 and X would be getting home from school soon. We kept the twins cause Holly had a Drs appt that a friend drove her to. G&M and the twins got to meet Simon and play. He loved the extra attention and was a very good puppy. He got to stay out and play because he actually went both potty and poo outside when I took him after we got home. I was very proud of him. Made X work on his homework, tho he didn't bring most of it home with him. Grrr We headed downtown to dinner around 1530 or 1600 when Holly called to say she was done with her appt. Parked at the Hale Koa parking garage and walked the 4 or 5 blocks down and over to dinner. My left hip is kinda sore from all the walking we did today, but I'll make sure to stay off my feet as much as I can tomorrow, promise. :)

Overall, a really good day. Despite Si decided she was going to throw one of her fits and hold her breath til she passed out yet again. I'm really hating those episodes. Two in two weeks, and no clue what sets them off. Aside from she gets pissed for not getting her way and decides to hold her breath til she passes out. Of course, X going into total freak out mode when she does it doesn't help much either. /sigh Please let PodPerson be calm and laid back. PLEASE!!!

No comments: