Ok. I guess first off I should say thanks to Tricia for showing me this site... And constantly pushing me to try new things. :-) Second, I don't know a dang thing about what I'm doing so bear with me. I'll just cross my fingers and hope this all works. *smiles*
As I'm fond of saying, Xavier is growing like a weed. He just keeps growing and changing and growing and changing. He's got 6 teeth right now and acts like he's trying to cut several more. He has been for quite a while now. *groans* He's a real brat when he gets like this. He constantly wants to be held, and even then he's not always happy. I just don't know what to do. I try to calm him down, but it seems nothing I do works. He just continues to scream. I know, all kids do that, but I just feel like such a failure sometimes. I get so frustrated with him, then get upset with myself because he's just a baby and doesn't know how to tell me what's wrong. I'm trying to be patient with him, but patience is not something I seem to have a lot of lately. Other than that, though, he's usually pretty good. When I'm able to put him down he crawls all over the place. He used to love walking around in his walker, but he doesn't seem to care for it much lately. He'd rather be independant and getting into trouble without the wheels. When he does get in the walker though, watch out. He loves to play bumper cars with the darn thing. Our toes are never safe. He runs them over without a second thought. And he loves to go outside. If Rob or someone else goes outside and you don't take him he gets extremely upset. As soon as you step out the door though, he's happy as can be. And don't try to go inside before he's ready, because that just makes him upset all over again. :-) I guess its not entirely a bad thing. It means I get up out of my recliner or out of the computer room atleast once or twice a day. hehe Want to see a pic, or know more about what Xavier has done? You can go to his website, I've gotten a little work done on it.. xavier.schmahlfamily.com
Gemina is doing pretty good too. She usually gets along well with Xavier... but she is also very jealous. If you give him food, you better share with her too or you have a pool of drool at your feet. That is not a pretty site, let me tell you. And she's getting bolder too. She actually got up on the table and ate off of Rob's plate before we could stop her. She got her butt smacked for that one, but I'll be damned if she didn't act like she was gonna do it again not long after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment