Ok. I have come to the conclusion that no one can claim that living in this town is completely boring. Last week when Mom and I went to the laundromat to dry our clothes the ATF showed up to arrest a guy Mom knew when she worked at the store. Let me tell you, that was more excitement than I needed. And you would thing that was plenty to last me a while right? Apparently not.
Earlier today when Mom went out for a cigarette she had a no-legged visitor. Yes, that's right. A snake on my front porch. All we knew was it was black with a yellowish-tan underbelly and was striped or banded. First I tried calling animal control. They said they don't handle snakes to call 911. I felt kinda foolish, but we couldn't go anywhere so I called. I told the dispatcher animal control had told me to call. The snake was still on my front porch and didn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. I think it was out for the noon-day sun. Anyhow, they dispatched a deputy. When he got here he looked at the snake and said, that's not a good snake its a bad snake. So he took it out in the yard and shot it. Unfortunately it took 2 shots, apparently the first one only took a chunk out of the side. I feel bad for the snake, in a way. I didn't want it to die, just wanted it out of my space. The deputy told me it was either a rattler or a moccasin. After a little searching on the net, I found out it was a Cottonmouth Moccasin. Had it bitten anyone we could have really been in a world of hurt. So, though the snake was shot, our lives are a bit safer. I am extremely grateful no one was hurt. And I'm glad I was able to provide some amusement for the county sheriffs - 2 women being held hostage in their home by a snake. Oh well. :-) Like I said, who ever said this area is boring? Not me anymore. Plenty of excitement in the past week. I almost need a vacation now. hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment