Ok. As much as I wanted to ignore the news and everything yesterday, I wasn't able to. I didn't want to see all of the stuff about 9/11 last year. I know it was a terrible day and my heart aches for all of the families who lost someone. But at the same time, listening to the BS the president keeps spewing enrages me. He says he cares about the families, but most of the money that has been raised for them has yet to make it to them. The war that he is wanting to fight in their honor is spiraling out of control. We can't find Bin Laden and his cohorts, yet we're going to go after another country and fight them. We need to stick to one person at a time or our resources are going to be spread so thin we'll be ripe for attack. And the people he sends to fight his war are someone's loved one as well. There have been losses in this "war." Maybe not as grandiose as those a year ago, but there still have been losses. And what of the other countries we are still patrolling and trying to help keep from war? Kosovo? Bosnia? Kuwait? We have troops there and have lost men there as well. When Rob was in Kosovo there was a guy in his unit that stepped on a land mine and lost his foot. That's a soldier that can no longer serve the country he loves. He has a prosthetic foot now. All because our presidents have decided that we have to take care of the world. We are not responsible for cleaning up the scum of the earth. I am tired of loosing our troops to someone else's war. Yes we were attacked. Yes we should punish the jerks who hurt us. But please, lets stop fighting people that did not do this. I realize they may have ties to the people who did this, but I'm sure if you looked hard enough just about any one on the planet could. Are we going to kill everyone? Where does this war end? Where does the fighting end? Not with a new president, I'm sure, because Bush said he'd stop sending our troops to police other countries and instead he increased them. Who do we believe? How can we begin to start to heal when we are constantly looking for a fight? If we keep opening the wounds, we can't. Remember the day as a day of great sadness and a day that changed the way we think, feel, react, but don't make it a crutch we use to hunt and attack someone we hold a grudge against. If we are to be the spiritual persons we proclaim, shouldn't we forgive our brothers their transgressions and allow karma, or god, or whomever we believe in punish them?
Sorry, I know many of you may not agree with me, but I needed the rant. I guess it was building and didn't realize how much.
No comments:
Post a Comment