Friday, February 25, 2005

Gemina, The End

I've got good news and bad news. The only way to start is that Dad found Gemina today. Unfortunately she was lying in someones yard. He didn't tell me what happened, I don't think he knows what happened. All he told me was she was headed home, or it looked like she was heading home. He's going to bring her home Monday so we can take care of her.

I guess what they say is true. These things come in three's. Tricia lost two of hers and now I've found out that Gemina has gone on. I'm sad, but relieved at the same time. I know where she is now. I know she's not suffering. I just wish I could have said goodbye. I'll work on that when Dad brings her home. Tonight I'll light a candle for her.

Now to figure out what to do with the brand new bag of Large Breed Dog Food and the year's supply of 80+ lb. dog HeartGuard. Mom says she guesses we'll have to find a big@$$ dog. Part of me says that's what Gemina would want, but part of me thinks she'd be jealous or mad. I don't want to replace her. I don't think I could even fill that void. But maybe another smiling happy furkid would help heal a little. Maybe saving another furbaby would make it hurt just a little less. We shall see.

No comments: