Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Lent

After reading Shan's post about Lent the other day I began to wonder what I might give up if I followed Lent. The smart@$$ in me said - SEX! It would be easy enough to give up, Rob's not here. But that would kinda be like cheating. My next thought was caffinated beverages, but again I so seldomly drink them that that wouldn't be a hard thing to give up either. Chocolate? That would be really hard, I did it once before because I supposedly have a food allergy to it, among numerous other things, but it was not easy. I don't know where to begin, nor do I really understand it all that much. I don't remember the whole ideology surrounding Lent from Bibleschool I'd have no clue where to really begin.

On other fronts, I watched Supernanny last night. Very intersting show. I actually liked two of the things she taught the family - the "naugty spot" and the idea behind bedtime she had. I did a Google search earlier today and found that she just published a book so I'm going to look for it tomorrow, or next time I'm in the bookstore. Maybe get some ideas on dealing with demonboy. *crosses fingers* We shall see. Oh well. Off to study and get some sleep. TTYL

No comments: